Old 01-26-2011, 01:08 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Isaiah
Dismember

Hey Moo,

I also have a partner (girlfriend) who drinks once in a while. She and I went out for dinner the other night and she was going to have a couple drinks. That is the sort of drinking normality I have envied from time to time. Yet, I know what a couple drinks do for my body, they'd hardly register, and it wouldn't be any sort of grand experience. And I know for her a couple drinks (I've never seen her drink more than two) are merely complimentary to food and company, and a majority of the times we go out she and I just have water. If she was on an anti-biotic or something and couldn't have her glass of wine when we go out with friends, she wouldn't feel anything. That's the irony of being a normal drinker, a normal drinker doesn't care that they're a drinker.

Haven't been online much in a while. Got a few "where are you?!" messages. It's partially not having much access to the internet unless I take my laptop to a coffee shop (where I am now.) Been doing swell. Meeting with a lot of agencies here for work and volunteering.

Also looking for a new place to live already. When I moved into my place it was pretty lax. The landlord didn't ask for a lease, just asked for rent on time, so she said. Then after not even two weeks decided that she was going to change that, she'd stop renting the basement as a room (evicting one person), plus increasing the rent, and suddenly what she wants for rent just jumped up an impossible $240 per month for me. So I have to be out in a month now. Sheesh!

But yeah, all is well! I think I'll slowly be online more and more in coming weeks. Miss SR.