Thread: Day two.
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 03:02 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
endlesspatience

Good to hear the clouds are clearing for you Sleepie. I have to admit that I am now on Day Four for what seems like the millionth time. So let me share a few very basic things I have done so far to try not to let it all collapse again.

1. I am using my Daily Reflections and 12-Step Prayer Book day and night.

2. I am reading AA's 12 Steps and 12 Traditions book again. In fact, I am reading Chapter One again and discussing it with people on this Forum.

3. I am aiming to go to meetings every day (boring or not). I went yesterday and Monday. Today it's just not possible to go but I do have a church study group which serves a similar purpose.

4. I have drawn up a timetable for the next four days settng out when to shop, eat, exercise, read and go to meetings.

5. I have written a list of what food I am going to buy and when I am going to eat it (during my last drink binge I did not eat anything for nearly three days).

6. I am not listening to or reading news or current affairs in the morning. Instead, I am playing jazz! I am also going to stop reading newspapers for a little while, much as I love them.

7. I have written a list of what clothes I am going to wear each day and when I am going to do the washing.

Some of this sounds almost childish but these are the baby steps that I feel I need to take to get me through to the end of the first week. And when I'm drunk, I am worse than the most selfish, helpless toddler in the grip of a tantrum so the childish approach seems appropriate.

Hope that may be of some help. All I can say is that this is my beginner's plan and perhaps there may be one or two things there that you would like to do as well.