Old 01-24-2011, 10:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Nikkle

I very much want a sponsor, I have asked people, they said they would pray on it, but to call anytime. I do that. I asked how to get a sponsor and was told to come to the meetings, find someone you think you could relate to, even if their story is different than your own. I am hesitant to just stand up and announce my need for a sponsor because I'm afraid I'll get one of the freshly graduated 12 steppers that have never been a sponsor but are eager to try it out. Well, maybe that is just a chance I am going to have to take and yes, I know I could switch sponsors if that one didn't work, but right now I'm not sure I could emotionally handle being someones test subject and then deal with all the drama surrounding that. Yes, I have brought my need for rides to the attention of everyone several times, both as a group and individually. I am getting sick of hearing myself sound like a public service announcement and I have seen a few eyes roll and heads turn away as I bring it up again. I have no right to judge what anyone is thinking, but I am perceiving in my own mind that some are thinking "oh, great, here she goes again...she has already said this"