View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 06:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
reggiewayne

GOOD FOR YOU! You should be very proud of yourself. For me, quitting drinking is the best / hardest / easiest things I've ever done. I know that sounds contidictary but it's true. My good days are awesome. I wake up feeling great, I get a lot of stuff done, no more lying, deceiving, cheating, etc... My bad days though... are very tough. I didn't realize how hard the hard times would be. The reason for this is during my alcoholic life (last 7 years) I really never had a "bad day". If I was having a bad day, I'd drink it away. So I really never dealt with a bad day without drinking. I'm not saying this to "freak you out". I did get through those "bad days" and I will say that the good days have out numbered the bad one's by at least 3 to 1.

My only advice is to try and mentally accept that there will be tough days and when you're having one have a plan. For me, I go to AA meetings, read the big book of AA, come here and participate, pray to my HP, call another (or many other) alcoholics and ask for help, and beyond that try and stay productive.

What I DO NOT SUGGEST is to isolate, to over think things, to live to far in the future (take it day by day), to try and focus on other personal improvements other than drinking.... For me, recovery must be my only focus pertaining to personal improvement. I wish you the best of luck. You should be proud of yourself. 3 days is great. Hang in there, and keep coming back!!!!!