View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 04:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
litehorse
it is what it is

feeling sad today

i came and read the new posts - said a prayer for all the different situations -then began to think about my feelings about my family- i had the opportunity to be with two of my sons yesterday and their families and my dad (finally got a picture of all of us together (except my youngest AS was not there as he is locked up) although the gathering was a joyous occasion (baby shower for my oldest's first child) it brought up a lot of sad feelings because of physical and emotional distances within our family - i started out with this thread wanting to whine a little while but the more i try to put those feelings into words the more thoughts of gratitude come to mind - i did have the opportunity to be with two of my sons to celebrate a really wonderful blessing, i have my dad still with me, my AS is safe and sober (even though i do not know exactly where he is because he is now in the state system and he has been moved, but i don't know where) but i have to remind myself there were many times i didn't know where he was when he was "out there" and i certainly didn't know if he was safe - life can be hard at times but i keep falling back on God's promise "It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness." Lamentations 3: 22 - 23 Thank you for giving me a place to come and work through these feelings. Blessings to all of you -
debra