feeling sad today

Old 01-17-2011, 04:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
it is what it is

feeling sad today

i came and read the new posts - said a prayer for all the different situations -then began to think about my feelings about my family- i had the opportunity to be with two of my sons yesterday and their families and my dad (finally got a picture of all of us together (except my youngest AS was not there as he is locked up) although the gathering was a joyous occasion (baby shower for my oldest's first child) it brought up a lot of sad feelings because of physical and emotional distances within our family - i started out with this thread wanting to whine a little while but the more i try to put those feelings into words the more thoughts of gratitude come to mind - i did have the opportunity to be with two of my sons to celebrate a really wonderful blessing, i have my dad still with me, my AS is safe and sober (even though i do not know exactly where he is because he is now in the state system and he has been moved, but i don't know where) but i have to remind myself there were many times i didn't know where he was when he was "out there" and i certainly didn't know if he was safe - life can be hard at times but i keep falling back on God's promise "It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness." Lamentations 3: 22 - 23 Thank you for giving me a place to come and work through these feelings. Blessings to all of you -
debra
Old 01-17-2011, 04:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hugs, litehorse, for just being you and sharing your stuff with the newcomers (and oldtimers too).

I find we have good days and bad, but the bad days are better than the good days used to be when I was stuck in my codependency.

Love you lots.

Hugs
Old 01-17-2011, 04:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Litehorse: I, too, can relate to family gatherings. I'd wait in hopeful anticipation because I love family gatherings. Then the crash would come when I couldn't even have light conversation with my adult children. I would then feel the hopelessness. Today I am working on turning hopeless into powerlessness.
Thanks so much for the post which leads me to look for little gratitudes instead of just seeing the sadness.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

litehorse
Just wanted to give you a gentle hug and let you know that you are often in my prayers. I guess that we have to have some difficulties in our lives in order to truly appreciate our blessings. Thank you for sharing.

more gentle hugs
Old 01-17-2011, 07:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I wish I could turn my saddness into gladness...Maybe I just don't try hard enough. Your post was a learning post for me...that I can turn it into gladness if I try. The reason I clicked on the post was because I am feeling sad and obsessive over my dysfunctional family. All I want to do is sleep the day away so that I can go to work tomorrow to escape.
SAD....And I can't even stand my job right now...so I just feel completely hopeless...but, your post did help me.
Thank you
Old 01-17-2011, 10:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(((Litehorse))) - I'm glad you came here and posted. I've often found that when I get down, I end up back at gratitude and that helps. Sometimes, though, we just have our "in a funk" days. As ((Ann)) said, mine don't last nearly as long as they used to, since I've been in recovery.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 01-17-2011, 11:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
it is what it is

thanks to all of you - just knowing we are never alone helps so much -
misssy - i will pray that you will find some relief from the sadness - trying to find even the smallest things to be grateful for helps me a lot - i have found that if i get started looking for even the smallest things other things become more and more evident to me and the hopelessness starts to fade -