View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 05:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Payne

Guilt for the guiltless

I can say without a doubt that I am not an alcoholic, I believe that's pertinent to this. Going out with my friends last night I tried to actively stop taking myself so seriously. I had an absolute blast. We were out for twelve hours and I didn't think twice (as I never do) about ordering a water throughout the night. I decided later in the evening that I felt like having a beer. No pressure from my friends they are respectful and encouraging of what I'm doing by trying and work through my past, and they have actually attempted to understand where I'm coming from as an ACA reading up and listening to the thing I have learned in general and about myself. However I found that halfway through my one beer I was gripped with a sudden feeling of guilt as I thought, "what's in this can did all of this destruction, if I drink this am I going to fall into the same trap my parents did.Where is the line?" I did nothing wrong, nothing destructive, but suddenly I felt completely nauseous and guilty that I was having one drink.