Old 01-15-2011, 06:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
tomdecel
Sept 30, 2010

Originally Posted by Really4Real View Post
I'm not the same person I used to be - I can't see how anyone who throws themselves into this journey can be.")
It is so strange to see this cause about an hour ago I had one of those "moments of clarity" where I realize that I am going through a lot of changes.

I talk about my kids a lot. The fact is that I have "defined" myself as my "kid's Dad" for the past 20 years. Well my daughter is living out of town in school, in her own apartment, and she is now dating a young man that seem to be in her life every day (changing our family dynamics), and my son will be leaving the house soon to go to college, so I feel that I need to "redefine" myself and my relationship with my wife.

I will always be "Dad" to them, but they will not be in our lives on a day to day basis.

I have changed a lot in the past 100+ days and what I realized is that I always knew in my mind that some day I would shape up, and it seems to me that the moment is now and I am just becoming the person I always tough I was going to be. Happy, healthy, content in my own skin.

Sobering up was always in my grand plan and maybe it was just a question of timing, and the timing is now.

I just feel very comfortable in sobriety. The questions is: Am I changing because I am living free of alcohol addiction, or am I eliminating alcohol from my life because I needed to change from within and living plastered was interfering with that?
~~~~~~~~~~~
Congrats on the 100 days, R4R