Old 01-15-2011, 05:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Really4Real
ANewBeginning

Hi my octoberian friends!

Today is day 101! Kind of missed the 100 milestone... so figured I'd squeak it in here!

Dee... Very, very well said ("I'm not saying I'm a saint LOL but I'm not the same person I used to be - I can't see how anyone who throws themselves into this journey can be.")
We can't stay the same, if so, we're still in denial about life... life is about change and we all have made the decision to change for the better and give back in any way we can... to those around us and (the great thing) to each other here!

Swan - Yeah, no harm in having those fleeting thoughts, the harm would be in giving in. Sort of like something that flitted through my mind a few days ago... It's not a sin to fear something, it's a sin to give in to the fear. Being a Christian my mind works on issues as either sin issues or heart issues... but the theory is the same. Sometimes, I get all frustrated because anxiety flares up or I get afraid of my own shadow at times, then I realize that, if I don't give into it, it doesn't have power of me... it just wants me to believe it does. Same with alcohol... to me anyway...

I doing really good. Went out to eat with a friend and then shoe shopping (I have to take a friend because I'm odd fashion-challenged female how hates shopping... talk about an oxymoron... anyway, on the way there, I really felt a desire to drink and ALMOST start to think about it when I said no to myself. It's not going to rule over me.

Isaiah.... hope you getting settled even more. So, did you break the date and go celebrate the friends soberiety?

Have a great night everyone....