Old 01-15-2011, 04:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
StarCat
Today is a New Day

...I'll confess that as soon as I read the title of this thread I immediately jumped up to do the laundry. Laundry is something I have always procrastinated on, not that it's difficult or anything, it just takes forever to finish and I keep forgetting to move clothing to the drier, etc. In my old apartment I'd wait until I was out of underwear and socks, then I'd just buy more rather than do the wash. Since the laundry is in my apartment this time, versus in the basement, I'm not that bad... But I usually wait until I need something that's dirty before I do the wash.

I filed my state taxes tonight, and I am so impressed with myself, usually that takes a couple months, even though it's just a single sheet and a phone call to accomplish (and it always nets out anymore). Still holding out on the Federal, which is crazy because I'll get a small refund, but they're not mailing books this year and so I'm procrastinating looking up the forms.

My dining room table is a mess. I just bring stuff home and drop it there and I'm done.

I have a closet full of pictures and scrapbooking supplies. That's always been a big procrastination thing. All the pictures are of stuff I did with G, so at this point in my life I am okay not pushing myself to do them, but at some point I do want to finish everything. I think the reminder of the good that came with the bad will help me let go of some feelings of mine - but I need to work out my jumpiness and fear to make decisions and my self-doubt first. (Working on that - Bought a new car today, traded in my poor falling-apart hunk of junk for a brand new car right off the showroom floor, 19 miles and not even a year old versus 99,234 and 15 years, how's that for trying to do something nice for yourself? But I've got a ways to go yet.)

Packing up G's stuff. I'll do this in spurts, sometimes I feel so excited to pack it up and other days I'm too depressed looking at it, but little by little it's getting done. My psychologist suggested I just hire a moving company to move it (it will run $100-$150), if I don't want to see him or his family, since it will all fit in a small van and his house is 15 minutes away. The whole affair should take less than an hour. I like that solution, so next weekend I want to do this.

Vacuuming, I haven't done that in forever. Since G isn't here to eat food in every conceivable location, though, it's not that dirty, but still.

Writing my novel, once everything settles down I'm going to restart that in earnest. Publishing a book and learning to fly an airplane have been my two big dreams in life - need to start with the easier (and cheaper!) one first, though.

Ha! I am a master procrastinator.

Thanks, Phoenix, for starting this topic. (I think I should work on some of these things tonight, so at least the list will be smaller tomorrow? Maybe.)