Old 01-14-2011, 05:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Originally Posted by swansong
Some kind of weird crap happened today...made me think of one of TDC's old posts, although I don't recall the specifics of his...

For a 'second' the thought of getting off the train where the wine bar is hit me, sounded seductive because we guys always pick up beautiful women as soon as we have a drink in our hands right?!?! and then I was bitter, sorta ashamed, and I guess a bit scared that I even had the thought of going to the wine bar.

Anyhow, I'm home safely now - figured I would share that with you guys and get it out of my head. I suppose I should know better than to think as a human with an organ in my skull whose primary function is to create thoughts, that this would happen eventually but it kinda makes me feel fugly cuz I felt like maybe it was a reflection of my program which I feel I've been doing a really great job with...

Well, I guess I can be grateful because it was fleeting, I didn't own the thought, didn't take action on it and it passed.

Hope everyone else is doing good! Peace.
I dunno about anyone else but I sometimes get thoughts - not very often and not ones with any imperative - but thoughts nonetheless.

I drank for 20 years - my drinking defined me - others may disagree but I don't think it's any reflection on my recovery I can still get the odd thought.

It's not what flashes of thought I may have, it's what I do with it that counts IMO

D