Old 01-14-2011, 10:38 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
LaFemme

Hi!

I've done the online dating thing off and on over the years...some sites are better than others. I keep going back because I have been to a number of weddings that resulted in them. I also think where you live influences the quality of the pool. In NYC online dating started a long time ago and the culture here is condusive to it.

That said. I think SailorJohn has a point...what type of person are you looking for and perhaps why are you looking?

I know I took a peek at Match.com a few weeks ago and there were almost no men who said the did not drink at all. I could see myself with someone who drank rarely but that's about it. When I was on checking things out a guy contacted me...we had a lot in common and he suggested meeting....for drinks...despite the fact that I don't drink. Bad sign...didn't meet him.

Besides...I only have 6 months, I am not interested in actively looking...should Mr. Wonderful fall into my lap that would be a different story, but for now, I am focused on me and my recovery