Old 01-13-2011, 12:08 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
cutelittlewife

Originally Posted by atalose View Post
Not trying to be negative here, but I need to share my thoughts.

The honeymoon phase, it's great isn't it, makes YOU feel needed, wanted, loved and cared about. His attentiveness helps you forget about the reality of what he did. Gives you both hope for a perfect future together.

Does he know what triggered his last relapse? What is he doing today that is different for his recovery then he was doing when he relapsed?

I do hope you work it out, I do hope he find and stays in recovery. I hope you find your way to your own STRONG/SOLID recovery and that neither of you ever have to go down a path like that again.
like I mentioned before, his lat relapse was triggered by a whole bunch of factors. His sponsor relapsed, I asked him to stop going to meetings so often and spend more time with my baby and I. He hated his job and was getting frustrated with it, he got a demotion and I didn't let him quit because we have a mortgage. The one night stand happened after he went out with his coworkers (the OW was one of them) to a bar to celebrate him getting a new job, one he's always wanted. People wanted to buy him drinks, you can imagine... the OW offered to give him a ride home, because he was too drunk to drive.
So I think most of those factors are gone now. He's back going to meetings and this time I don't complain about it, he's getting a new sponsor with more sobriety time than his previous one. He has his dream job and is feeling appreciated and he's loving it. I'm really hopeful this time. Also, we're planning a sibling for our little girl at the end of this year, if, of course, things are a lot better.