Thread: in total shock
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 08:08 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
parentneedshelp

well I woke up today pissed.. not sure if this is where i need to be but i really believe that I have hit my rock bottom. did not know that I also had to hit rock bottom before I can even start to try and help my AD... I have taken steps to cut off all communication with her text her and told her that I will always love her but I cannot keep going down this path. When she can show me that she really wants help I am more than willing to help but until she has been in a rehab center for at least a month do not call or contact me what so ever. I am not for sure this is the correct step but I think its what I need to do to protect myself and my other children and of course my granddaguther... As for Fridaynight thank you so much for your input it does help me try and understand an addict a little bit more. I have alot to learn thats for sure cause i was one of the ones who read post and thought wow they have it so much worse than me at least my AD has learned on her first go around not that I thought me or my AD was better than other people just thought I had more control over her (dumb way of thinking) but I am learning and will contiune to learn whatever tools I need to get through this and have a normal life. Again thank you all for your support cause there is noway I would be where I am today without all of your support....