Old 01-12-2011, 04:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
FreeingMyself

feeling anxiety...when I should feel relief

So...after many, many months of seperation, AH is looking for an apartment for a more permanent residence than couch surfing. Instead of feeling relieved, I'm feeling anxiety! I know we can't live together, and I know this is the right thing, but I am having a lot of trouble over the permanence of it all. Perhaps the panic of being along to take care of everything - or knowing I won't have his financial help if I need it - or just the finality...I'm not sure. He is thinking about moving to a town about 30min away, near where he works. I find myself trying to 'control' his move.....why...cause I am codependent...protecting myself. Anyway, I backed off and decided when he talks about where he is going to move just to listen. He is being much more grounded about financially living up to his obligation with the kids. I am sure it won't be perfect, and if you know my story at all he has extreme highs/lows so we'll see. He is very much self reflecting or down on himself at the moment.....even was explaining some physical things and that he needs to see a dr. I again - being codependent - after trying to explain that these symptoms need to be treated by a dr and he said he'd call when he had a chance - I called. I am really trying to let him live HIS life.....I just don't understand!! So I am working through my anxiety, and at least I'm aware of what I am doing....so much work still to do on myself....trying to let life happen, not make it happen!!!