Thread: in total shock
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 01:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
litehorse
it is what it is

i also thought jail would be enough to for my AS - even 6 weeks - and it was a step toward recovery but it was not enough to get him through - he is locked up now for much longer - i wish i knew something that could be said that would help what you are feeling but there really isn't anything more than what has been said - she is doing what addicts do and the only thing you have control over is yourself - please use this as a step toward your recovery and give her an example of what that looks like - loving an addict is H-A-R-D especially as a parent because you have to do things that are completely opposite of what a parent wants to do - we want to help, give, provide, etc... but when we are dealing with addiction we can't do any of those in the "normal" ways - we help by doing nothing for the addict, we give nothing to the addict, and provide only one option and that is recovery - believe in yourself as a loving parent and take care of yourself and those who are depending on you - my prayers are with you and your daughter - blessings