View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 04:39 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
BookLover1978

Thanks for the replys above they mean a lot.
N Turn- I agree this forum is great, just to be able to talk it through with people in the same situation because in my day to day life I feel like i'm the only person this is happening too!.
Daily when I see other people with there mums or my sons friends with there grandparents it's upsetting because that is what I ONCE had, it is awful to say it but it is like she has died!.
Because like me N Turn you are the closest I think because we are, your sis/my mum take it out more on us because they think we will put up with more than anyone else!.
Also N Turn it has effected my health too & I can't have that anymore as I need to be there for my own family at the moment & Brother & Sis-In Law who are going through a very rough time (she should be supporting them too it's her son, grandson, daughter-in law!).
My Auntie (mums sister) has reached her limit also with her too now as she has seen that she has not contacted my brother to see how the baby is etc & she is disgusted when secretly she told me she had hoped the baby been ill would be the wake up call Mum needed to come off the drink but NO!!.
All the family are backing off now because it is what has been advised, the support is in place should she want it. But like you say you have to have personal limits because how long do you becaome a doormat for! & I need to channel my energy now in to my family that are needy & grateful of the support not someone who doesn't want it.
I never have beeen through such an emotional rollercoaster as all this but this forum has been such a help!
Thanks Everyone!xxxx