View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 05:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
BookLover1978

Worry changing to frustration & madness!

Just an update. I delivered the letter last wk containing support groups & Mum has not contacted me since plus is ignoring all my calls etc.
She has just started answering the phone to other family members but i think this is because her savings are running out & she knows shes going to need £ etc soon (at least I know shes alive when shes doing this as my oh has had to be driving up the street at night to check her lights are on so we know shes ok if no-ones heard from her, because i worry so much!)
The other family members have now got mad because when she answers its obvious shes been drinking & she tells blatant lies trying to cover her tracks.
Its so bad at the moment because i'm the closest to Mum & have always been there for her & spoken to daily to her & miss her, well the old her, not the alcoholic one, but I'M the one she's taking it all out on!!!.
My new nephew arrived Saturday & he's in special care baby unit due to heart problems etc but she just "hummed & arghed" when was told by my auntie, no worry or emotion, nothing!. Between my brother & I we have three kids & she's missing out on them all growing up, you don't get that time back & it's making me madder & madder! her son/my brother could really do with some support right now for himself the baby & his wife & she is just sat at home with vodka feeling sorry for herself, drinking herself to into oblivion. Arghh!.
I've decided I need to have the "no contact" approach now for my own sanity & to be able to support my brother etc (we are having his daughter stay whilst hes at the hospital with baby & wife )the selfishness of this addiction is soul destroying! My family have also said they are not going to contact her now as she is attention seeking!. I can't see how she can't be at rock bottom yet & I know that's where she has to be to want to change.
Thanks for listening, I just needed to get it off my chest after the weekend!X