View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 02:10 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
NoAlcoholToday

Originally Posted by Zuri View Post
being honest if it weren't 11.30pm and the shops all closed...I would be getting completely obliterated now, oh how I crave just a few hours of oblivion
The shops being closed have saved me once or twice too, Zuri. It is a weird feeling wanting temporary oblivion - its simply no good anyone saying that the problems will still be there tomorrow cos all we wanted was some relief from the problems now so we can sort of recharge before having enough strength to start all over again tomorrow. I am going to look into meditation - I think that could be a good way to take myself away from it all for a bit and come back all refreshed?

Originally Posted by Iamlivingfree View Post
3. Feeling that life is worth living, and actually wanting to live (I used to think that dying would be an OK option).
Its so hard to believe that, only a short time ago, dying would have been a preferable option.
I have another one to add to your list, IALF. A month before I quit, my mind went through the "sooner or later alcohol is going to make me come to a bitter end. I wonder what other addictive substance I can replace it with?". So my number 11 would be "living life for real and thankful I didn't shift to an illegal drug"

Originally Posted by YouAreNumberOne View Post
Great to hear you've dusted off your mountain bike! It must be really interesting living in Italy
It sure is quite a change from living in central London, Rosco. I know you are into photography so here is the view from where I am sitting. Good thing it's a mountain bike!!

And last but not least, congratulations to TinMan on 60 days!!