View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 03:12 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Toronto68

I haven't noticed it that much. Do you mean look at you differently because they see something has changed or look at you differently because they know a little about your story and they are thinking while looking at you?

In the first case, I did have one positive stretch during the week of my birthday. I had been away from drinking for 10 months and had been taking care of myself better generally (not like an expert). People at a new workplace didn't want to believe I wasn't almost ten years younger. But that could have been naivete and, besides, I got that during the addiction once in a while too. But then during the same week, I met a friend after about a 6-month break and the first thing she said was "You look young," and then said "You feel skinny" when she hugged me. It was great. But a really yucky phase was only just beginning and I am just starting to get out of it now.

I haven't had a lot, if any, of the second case, but that's probably because of my low tolerance level for being surrounded by people to begin with and have only told a small number of people.