View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 09:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BookLover1978

I am so worried!!!

Just want to say "Hi" to everyone I'm new & have found this forum after trying to research the problem I am faced with at the moment.
To cut a long story short-
My mums marriage split up with my dad over her affair with a married man who promised to leave his wife etc but never did this is when her drinking began because of the frustration.
Mum then lost her job due the effects of alcohol & allegations from a client,she pushed family away as she didn't want questioning over the affair she was then hospitalised because of alcohol abuse & the man finished the relationship with her.
For a while she got off the drink with meds etc & got a new job but has now lost that & is drinking heavily.
She sits in her house all day/night apart from a trip to the shops, has no hobbies & no friends who come to see her apart from family, She gets up about 11.30am & starts drinking vodka & oj within an hour all day with wine untill bed time then repeats it all again.
Christmas was the final straw when she turned up to our house Christmas meal drunk & was nasty with my son (age 5) when she had gone he said he was glad because she was a nasty person & didn't want to see her again!that was it! I spoke to the family explained what had gone on & we decided to speak to her.My Brother & I went round at 1pm she had a drink already & spoke to her saying we where worried about her, drink, problems, what my son had said we just got verbal abuse she turned it on us & said she wouldn't see the grandkids anymore then, we told her we love her & want to help her & want our old mum back but she won't admit she has a problem we suggested therapy etc & she just said she needed longer.
It is so frustrating we all love & care for her & can see her throwing her life away & want to help but she won't admit its a problem some of the things she said to us really hurt regarding both our children!.
It was left that we would return to see her with the support info but she has ignored all calls since, We are just so worried. Thanks for listening!