View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 06:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
newby1961
Trudging that road.

Yorkiegirl thanx for that prayer I have read other longer versions of the serenity prayer but never that one?
Phoenix what a hopeless state to be in I relate as I have been there one to many times. Thank God though its been several years, but when I read your post it brought me right back to those days where I would hurt so bad that I would lay in a fetal position and beg God to just not let me wake up. Not everday for me is great, but it is a hell of a lot better than that. I read about your guys response to you " another christmas down the drain", and checking out the lottery tickets on laptop. Some people are not capable of handling intense emotional problems from others. My ex was like that, and the more I expected him to, the more let down I became. People in recovery are the people who got me, so I had to learn to reach out to them just like you are doing here. I urge you to go to a meeting and ask for help, because the next time you take all those pills, you may not come out of it. I know scores of men and women who have lost their lives cause they were trying to be numb just one more time. They are numb now, but they are forever numb in the ground. Thanx for sharing with us, and welcome you never have to use again even if you want to!! Peace & Blessings to you & your family even lotto man lol