Thread: Dry Drunk?
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 06:06 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
SJTChiSox

Originally Posted by Nyte Byrd View Post
Most of them anti-God Christian hating atheists authors trying to mock AA'ers as brainwashed people when that is the farthest from the truth.
No offense, but statements like these also scare away people from AA. What authors are you talking about?

I think being a "dry drunk" is more to do with unhappiness with your position. I imagine filling it with healthy things is the best thing to do. I work out, go to meetings, eat healthy, talk to friends and family and also take medication due to depression. I'm looking to add individual therapy when I get a job. I attend AA meetings and am working the steps, but I do not think that AA is the answer to unhappiness caused by quitting drinking and drugs. It is a hard thing to do, and old habits die hard.

Sometimes I just get pissed off, frustrated, sad, emotional etc... its hard to quit using drugs and alcohol after using for the majority of my teenage and adult life (I'm 27). Its going to take me time and creating new habits to get over these. However, I am now making healthy decisions and not drinking over them. Furthermore, if my life continues to come together then things will get better. All I really have right now is my sobriety and my health... which is a great start.