View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 04:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
heartonmysleeve

Unhappy So many here...just like me...

I stumbled onto this forum by accident. I think maybe it was meant to be. There are so many women on this board just like me.

Married. 14 year old daughter. Great DH when not drinking. Great provider, good company.

Drinking...mean...hateful...nasty...obnoxious...ru de...loud music...slobbering...snoring...passing out....falling down the stairs...drinking and driving (is it wrong I pray he gets pulled over?)

I hate the holidays, I hate the weekends, I hate any night I come home from work and hear the music from the outside. I know the Miller Lite is open in the house. A 30 pack in a day and a half. I love sports...but hate sporting days because it's nothing but drinking....lets start at 1 p.m. and go until we pass out...no pacing the drinks...drink em while they are cold.

Tells me I'm fat. I'm lazy. Has a "thing" with an internet woman. Can't pass up an opportunity to drink. Someone offers liquor? I want to crawl in a hole and hide.

He's not physically abusive. But words hurt too.

I worry...will he flip out and scream tonight because I didn't do the dishes because I had to work? Or I didn't make the bed just because?

we've started counseling. As soon as the doctor got him to admit that yes, he was an alcoholic (as are all of his siblings and parents)...he quit going.

Why is it so easy to know what I need to do...but so hard to actually do it? I can't fix him. He has to do it himself. But does he even want to? I don't think so.