View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 05:51 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
nacona

Thank you Amy. You are so right when you say that I have no idea how to deal with my feelings.

I got one hour of sleep and have to leave for work in 1/2 hour....BUT I don't have a hangover and I am not dope sick....that feeling alone will get me though the day.

Happy New Year Amy!!

Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post
(((T))) - Sorry I'm late on this, but wanted to say that I'm really proud of you that you went back in that meeting, and you didn't use. Yes, you definitely had HP doing for you, what you couldn't do for yourself.

I did some dumb things in early recovery, but looking back, I think it was still me learning how to deal with feelings..how to do something besides "oooh, get HIGH!!". I really like the daycare analogy, too, and it really does seem appropriate. I don't know about everyone else, but I had to learn to live again, what I liked, what I didn't like, stuff I should have figured out decades ago.

You did what you did, and you learned from it. You're moving forward, and that's a good thing. FWIW, if I don't pray and especially say "thank you" to HP for the things I have to be grateful for, I get all out of whack. My prayers are more like a chat with God, but it's what works for me.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy