View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 01:30 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
nacona

That's funny. I poured pills out of an Advil bottle of a co-worker's and 3 white pills fell out. I went back to my desk and researched them and it was Percocette. I ran to the bathroom and literally got on my knees in the handicap stall and prayed that I have the strength not to take them. I put them back and didn't think about them again. Power of prayer. That was the first time in my life that I actually had a narcotic in my hand and didn't take it.

Originally Posted by TheEnd View Post
Thanks for your post, I had something similar happen. Two months ago, I came upon a Concerta pill. Concerta is similar to Adderall and I used to eat Adderall, Focalins, Ritalins and Metadates like candy. I went online and it turns out that Concerta is a crappy recreational drug, so that changed my mind and I flushed it. If I would have read that it was this great drug, I might have taken it and blown my sober time, not really sure, but I didn't and I'm still sober.

Can't believe I came so close, but I guess in sobriety we will have those situations like that. I hope next time I happen to come across a pill, instead of researching it, I hope I just flush it right away and don't even consider the idea, but I'm still new in sobriety and I guess I still have a lot to learn.

I guess we better check our mental thought process, because next time we might not be so lucky.