View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 01:21 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
nacona

Originally Posted by TigerLili View Post
Thanks for sharing what happened, nacona. It helped me a lot to hear it. Recovery is a struggle at the moment.

If your back is going to be an ongoing issue, you really need to talk to someone about pain management. Meds are part of the answer but there are other things you can do to manage pain. Taking lower doses of less addictive meds on a regular schedule can be more effective than taking strong meds when the pain is particularly acute.
Thank you for posting this. Recovery has it's ups and downs, like life, I guess. I hope you get through this period of struggle.

Even though I embarrass myself for posting a lot of what I do, it seriously takes a lot of pressure off of me. All of the feedback is honestly better than a meeting. I love the meetings because it's the only social thing that I do these days, but there is a ton of ego that has to be sifted through before I "hear" anything of value.

I think that I'm supposed to contribute to the newcomers, but I am not at that point in my sobriety yet.

Posting here, there is no ego involved. We don't know each other, so I can say whatever I want.....I get shy about it a lot, but after awhile, with all of the support that I get here, I get less and less shy.

Please post what you are going through.

Thank you for the medication idea. I had never heard that. I will bring that up in my back class and see what the others do. They can't ALL be on narctotics, can they?

I have to get up in 3 hours to go to work today, but I have insomnia AGAIN....103 days clean and sober, you'd think I could sleep by now. Oh well, I have Sunday off, I can sleep then.