View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 01:19 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Kmber2010

Happy New Years!!!! So good to read all of your updates and see how well we are doing and working through any bumps....

What a ride 2010 has been and I'm sure I speak for all of us. So glad to wrap it up on a sober note and start off the New Year with positivity and the knowledge (yes I went there) that anything is freaking possible!!! I think 2010 showed all of us that!

My NYE was uneventful.....lol. Which is a good thing and I wasn't whacked out about it either. I never really went out NYE and was raised where well you stay at home with family and watch the ball drop....listen to the dick clark special and eat chips and soda.

Kinda funny but some other folks on SR have shared what I used to do which was usually stay home the "obvious" drink days. Like my drinking the other 300 plus days were erased because I refused to party with drunks....lolol. Ok gang....I think you all know I had some pretty twisted thinking back then haha.

Nice to be able to laugh.....been much seriousness to recovery but it feels good to share with all of you and not be concerned that I am going to race out for a drink. Just amazing....how giving it time...working the support, learning and embracing...really becomes part of you. Like I don't have the urge to drink....I try and explain it but I just think that experiencing it is the only way to describe it. If that makes sense. Wish I could collect it all and be able to make a thread that would be helpful to someone just starting. Sometimes I feel that I come off making it sound easy when we all know it is far from it.....takes time.

So last night was quiet for me and was able to get my golden out and walked before the fireworks over my house (house was shaking and lit up like I was in a warzone) started and the wonderful germans around me got their drink on for drunken rowdy firework fun....lol.

Much blessings to all of you this year and I have whole lot of things to look forward to but probably most important is continuing my recovery and improving some of the areas that I know I can handle better. Yup, this year is time to take it to the next level.

Huggs - Kim