View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 06:09 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
nacona

Originally Posted by Mark75 View Post
You know, I wonder a little bit, since you are here asking...

What does sober time really matter? Does it matter what another thinks about the validity of that time? Depends.

Is that sober time built on honesty and truth... and only you can answer that. And my next question may make me a little unpopular here amongst those who have posted... And I am NOT taking away from your success thus far...

Do you see a connection between not being totally transparent and forthcoming with your doctor regarding your history with vicoden... your over use of it (over use... yes... abuse??... only you know that nacona....) ... and your near full blown relapse...

I don't have an opinion regarding your sober time... But I do have some heartfelt and genuine concern regarding the other, much more important, issues....

Mark
The doctor could see on my allergy page that I am allergic to opiates yet he still offered them. I have been offered opiates after dental appointments and I have refused because Motrin works on that type pain for me but the back.....Lordy - that is awful.

I see your point though - If I were TRULY committed to my recovery, opiates would be absolutely out of the question...then on the other hand....back pain is horrible and I just wanted some relief...(am I still justifying? possibly) All I really know today is, it was a very close call - and I start my back classes on Tuesday - I have to wait for my next check to order the heating pad that bulldog suggested....

I do KNOW that I abuse the Hell out of opiates - they were my drug of choice.

I did feel excitement when the doctor offered them and left the room to write the prescription and while he was gone, I thought - what if he changes his mind...then when I gave the script to the pharmacy, I thought, what if they read on their page that I said don't release opiates to me - and both times I was okay with that.

I am blabbering on and on about this, but bottom line is, Yes Mark, you are correct in looking at that aspect of this whole deal more so than the sobriety date.

I'm not so obesessed about that today...but I am glad that I didn't have to start at day 1 today. can't help it.