View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 02:59 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Veritas1

Someone told me once that "whatever you are doing at midnight, is how you will spend the New Year"...

I know that is most likely some old tale...

But it is a nice idea, that if we are sober on New Years Eve as the clock strikes 12...we are bringing in the New Year Sober, and will continue to be sober.

Far better than being hungover on New Year's Day, because we felt we had to "celebrate" by drinking alcohol.

Also...If we are already starting off our New Year hungover, we will most likely need another drink, and the thoughts will come... after all it is a holiday, again...and again...then it's just postponing the decision and action to change.

Then guilt comes because we didn't keep our word, and then we will drink again, over the guilt. When will the perfect day be then, when each day blurs into the next one...I'll change on this day, that day...

So change, and change now, for you Happy Healthy New Year!

One final thought... The idea about one last time... it's like romanticizing it, not seeing it for what it really is, this idea of glorifying it, is a bad idea. It's the illusion that we will enjoy our drinking one more time...

It is an illusion. It is a lie. Don't fall for it.