View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 07:37 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Toronto68

My last drinks were kind of uneventful, other than being the last drinks and an unusually small quantity.

I see what you're getting at, I think, you're trying to use a sort of magic twist to the quitting. But I don't think it's going to work. To me, it's the same as the fact that you've not quit in the last month of thinking about it. If you're ready, you're ready. I remember that I did have some thoughts leading up to the time I quit, like I wondered whether the last day was coming or not. But other than that, it was only planned the night before. I made it so that I would only have a puny number of drinks left for the following night, and then drank those when I knew I wouldn't be able to go out and get more and my energy level would be such that I could just as well go to bed. Which is what I did, I just got under the covers and didn't venture out to buy more the next day and kept it that way. Then waited till I had the courage to bring the bottles in for a recycling refund, and then did that. I considered just leaving them for the garbage/recycling to pick them up, but figured I could brave it out, and it was a decent amount of money to get back.

Maybe there was a little bit of a magic trick to mine after all, because I do consider myself lucky, but I don't go along with this thing about having a party on the would-be final night. What would make more sense is to catalogue all the good and bad in the drinking. There are more than 60,000 people that have used this site, there should be a lot of crap to read to help you with the bad side of the list.