View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 05:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
TeM

Ferry, for what it's worth, I don't see you as the bad guy, and I doubt that anyone else here will, either.

I'm in a similar situation: AW got drunk and broke her ankle two months ago. While recovering, she hasn't been drinking much... just a bottle of wine here and there that her drinking buddy snuck in to her while I was at work.

The Doctor released her to drive Monday. Where does she go? You guessed it... the liquor store. Last night she was plastered on Peppermint Schnapps. I guess her alcohol addled brain thinks it's not so bad if it smells like candy.

Whenever I confront her about the drinking, she gets defensive and says I'm making a big deal out of nothing. I've given up on the lectures; they don't help. She's disabled due to psychological problems, unable to work, so if/when I get disgusted enough to leave, I'll look like the bad guy to all her family and friends.

Hang in there. You're in a lonely, frightening place. I would imagine that, like me, you've been horrified to watch your wife turn into a person you don't even know any more.

There are people here who will offer great advice, even though I'm too much of a coward to follow it.

Good luck... keep posting.