View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 11:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
KellyBelly

Newbie - Jaundice

My partner is an alcoholic and has been trying to cut down his drinks over the last 3 months. We are both aware that this is extremely dangerous and he has refused to go to the local hospital / doctor to try and get some assistance. We live in a small town and privacy & services are an issue. At the moment it is impossible to get an appointment with a local GP - they are so overwhelmed they are refusing to take new patients. My partner really wants to quit but is embarrassed. He is suffering some detox symptoms, irritability, disturbed sleep and minor shakes and I am extremely concerned about him - he is only drinking to keep the DT symptoms at bay and is now down to 5 vodka based drinks a day.

My partner bruises badly easily, has jaundiced eyes & skin and has been losing weight. He has little red dots all over his body and his mouth sometimes bleeds. He often experiences stomach aches and swelling in his feet / ankles. We are currently investigating treatment centres in the US & Canada and would appreciate any recommendations.

Also, can anyone tell me what symptoms I need to be aware of re: DT- I will call an ambulance immediately if I have to. I'm desperate