View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 08:35 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
AmericanGirl
April 18, 2010

Hey guys... Dee, yes glad to see you back -- it felt like you were gone forever!

Top, Sounds like you made a good decision to stay out of the dinner, and I hope eventually things work out with your step sister. Must have been neat to see snow there too

Feeling a bit better as Christmas recedes ... I think the most stressful part was that this is the first time I've come out as a non drinker really to the extended family. Some were supportive but a couple of the gossipy ones seemed to be prying for scandal if past character is any indication and it really irked me. I have one family member who entered recovery a few years ago at the request of a judge .... He is doing well now and it has been good to talk to him, but almost everyone in my family sees drinking as something to be moderated and consider themselves, oh, very European to drink so much (ha!). Anyway I am going to be dealing with it a bit as I'm here in family's town for a work project as well ... About 10 days I'll be heading
back to normal life.

Hope all are doing well ... It is nice to have a little venting room ... Thanks!