Thread: Not surprised
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2010, 10:24 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
theuncertainty

I'm not sure how soft I can be when I talk with her. The first time she picked up DS, I told her I was trusting her with the most precious thing in my world and to please protect him. She said 'I know.' OK, I get the x-wife is a b--ch thing and that she could have taken that as a slam.

I don't know.... Earlier this month she'd been much more communicative, very accommodating with the pick up and drop off handling, said it was all about making the change over easier for DS. She sent an e-mail this morning about tonight, I sent one to confirm and to ask if we could switch who was picking up / dropping off, because my sister and brother in law asked if I could babysit my nephews while they went over to a friend's holiday party. I can't fit all 3 in my car with 2 needing booster seats. I could drop off DS if she could bring him back. I asked if she could let me know so I could let my sister know and/or find a friend who could help me with picking up DS. No response. I waited an hour. I called and left a message. I had to wait until 15 minutes to drop off time for a response. She called, literally said 'that's fine' and hung up.

Today's two-word phone call does not bode well for any kind of conversation. At least in the near future.

Lucy, I completely get what I think your point was. DS wants to see his father. I know that DS deserves to have a relationship with his father. But DS deserves a non-alcoholic, non-abusive interaction with his father. I'm trying very hard to not stand in the way of that being able to happen. And to try to rein how afraid I've become of XAH.

This girl met a couch-surfing 44 yo alcoholic and moved him into her house with her 2 young kids the same month. She thinks I'm being over-protective. Sees no reason that XAH should not see his son because she did everything she could to "make sure my kids spend every other week with their father." And she told the court that she thinks XAH should have the same schedule and could they make it so they have all 3 kids at once? I'd say she has no problem playing mom to one more, at least on a part time basis. (I don't know why I say 'girl'. She's 2 years younger than I am, and I'm quite a few years past being a girl.)

She dropped DS off tonight and said he was too excited to eat and handed me a baggy with 3 chicken nuggets and a container with ketchup.

Now I'm just venting....