View Single Post
Old 12-25-2010, 05:50 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
IrishGOPGirl

I had blackouts towards the end of my drinking as well. Periods of time or specific things I just did not remember. Scarier for me, though, was the incoherance. I thought things happened that didn't and things happened I though didn't. I was a mess.

I have been home from the hospital for 2 weeks today. I spent 12+ weeks in with liver failure, renal failure, the works... My ammonia was so high I should have suffered permanant brain damage but somehow I didn't. I still can't walk with out a walker, my heart stopped twice, I had 2 paracentisis (draining fluid from the abdomen) and then a thorocentisis (draining fluid from around the lung because it was partially collapsed) and all the fluid was from the acites from the liver failure. My kidney's are now recovered and my liver is 80%-85% recovered... the acites is still present but getting better...

I always thought I might have a problem. I did the checklists, quit to prove I could... but in the end I was hours from death and leaving my kids without a mom... and it too all that to make me see what had been in front of me.