View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 12:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Whimsiclette

Angry Rinse and repeat (warning: rant ahoy)

No seriously, its a rant. I'm not going to say anything nice or positive. Probably if you try to support me I'll be like I don't really know why I'm here. Maybe I hope I'll say something ameliorating in a few hours, when I calm down a bit. Maybe.

So, three days clean, fall off the wagon, four days, fall off, five days, fall off...now seven, and big surprise, I fell off yesterday. My rear end is outraged.

Determined self flagellation is the order of my days. I am angry, for instance, that I disappeared from here almost immediately after the most well-intentioned, yearning-to-recover hello and dove back to old patterns. Angry, too, that I'm rude enough to come back here only to vent, rather than contribute something positive. I mutter under breath at NA meetings as though incanting, trying to conjure a sort of wall around me. My story is nothing to theirs; grainy black and white to their high res. The drug addict's is the silliest of ridiculum vitaes, hardly something to compete in and yet somehow I've established a grading system and ensured I come out lowest, so I can go eat worms. (Translated into my life this reads: go back to my heavy-fisted, cokefiend boyfriend, whom I left barely two days ago) But mostly I avoid meetings at present.

There's a whole barrage of other irritations and itches in my spirit right now, fermenting under my skin (I want to tear off my skin, I'm hot). Lots of them...but you get the idea. I come here, then, stinking of self pity, longing for my self destructive baggies of tricks and nothing more to say for myself, and...I dunno, sorry I guess...?