View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 02:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Floss

Cyranoek, I'd give anything to go to an Al-Anon meeting like yours! It's sounds like exactly what I need! That's probably why I turned to AA! It has people of all ages from young to old. It's way more in-your face and I need that. Seriously, at the Al-Anon meeting I go to, I find it difficult hearing over and over again how said partner with dementia is being moved from room to room in the nursing home and how another member started to experience hot flushes again at the age of 70 something, and which books need recovering with plastic. And they don't work the steps. They just read out of Courage to Change, Hope for Today etc. Don't get me wrong, they're lovely people, but I am in such a different place!

Okay, the Big Red Book and Workbook that goes along with it, can be sourced from the World Service Organisation. It only came out in 2007 I believe...From what I've researched, it sounds pretty intense! I come from Sydney but I moved 3 hours South almost 11 years ago. It's a little hicksville where I live now, compared to Sydney and I think people who don't drink or drug are in the minority here, but I'm going to start a meeting. I've found someone else who'd like to attend. So, it'll be a meeting for two to begin with and we'll see after that. With regard to your daughter, the WSO website has starter packs for people who want to start up their own ACoA meetings. Maybe you could start one yourself too? I'm going to order a pack and see what's in it.... Thanks for your reply C...