Old 07-24-2004, 12:04 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Csmcjewl

Hey,
Well, I've kinda avoided writing because I kinda ended up going back on my own word. I feel kinda like an idiot. That night Christina showed up on my doorstep like...let's go! Well, we end up going, She ends up sleeping with one of my guy friends we were going to see! They spent the night hitting on me and trying to get me to play strip euchre. It went exactly as I thought it would. I mean, not that I didn't have a good time, but I could certainly think of better ways to waste away my days.
2 days later Christina gave me gas money to drive her back over to Brentt's (that's the guy) so she could go get laid. I only went cause I was on empty and I was really making a profit off this! Isn't that horrible?
Well, so...I've just been kinda staying away from her since then. I went with my mom to Ann Arbor yesterday. That was a lot of fun. They had their art fair going on...it was just really cool to finally be surrounded by at least semi-intelligent people. I went to the meeting last night too. Christina was supposed to go but I didn't end up picking her up...we were running late. It was pretty good....Jeff asked me how I was doing. I told him really good, my mom and I had just got back from Ann arbor and got to eat Chinese and go to the anime store. That makes me happy! The only thing I could've possibly have wanted more was a movie! Lol...I'm so easy to please!
So....yeah, i guess it's not quite as easy as I made it out to be but everything I said still stands true. Christina only cares about the next high and Brentt and Bryan only want down my pants. End of story....they arne't good people.
I did sign up for the GRE last night though. Dec. 3rd. I wanted to get it done the week before my 1 yr sobriety date. I don't know why, it just seemed like a good week to do it and then when I'm celebrating 1 yr of sobriety Dave will be studying for his exams. Now I can send out my Graduate school applications though. I'm applying to Eastern Michigan, Western Michigan, Michigan State and maybe Northern Michigan. That's a lot of paperwork to get done! Admissions essays to write, Recommendations to get...etc...Not to mention the money! But....this is what I really want to do. I just hope they let me in. I'm going to study so hard for the GRE. I just paid $115 to take it, I'd better!
So...that's what's new...I'm just waiting to get all my colllege stuff done, hitting lots and lots of meetings lately and just trying to keep myself busy so I don't get bored and wind up calling Christina....that's about it. Today though, i'm with Dave so...I get to spend the day with him. Tonight I get to work 3rds...and for the next 4 nights...blah. So....portable DVD player here I come!
I made an oath to myself also...when/if I get into grad school. The minute I do, I'm buying myself a laptop as a reward. And the leather messenger bag I've been wanting for ages and ages. I can't wait. It's my reward for working so hard. If none of the schools let me in...well, I'm going to be really sad...I know that.
Oh, get this...my dad told me last night for our wedding present he's going to take off the 'debt' I owe him. That's it! I'm not going to 'owe' him any money! As far as i can tell, i don't owe him anything now! It's only money for when he helped me with the 1st semester of college. I can't believe he actually still wants me to pay that back to him! I mean, he didn't help me with college even a penny! That was money so while I was working minimum wage and saved up half the tuition myself and the other half was financial aid, my dad loaned me the money for books. What kind of bastard would actually, 6 years later expect me to pay him back! I couldn't believe that....it was just appalling to me.
anyways, that's it...I was a little bugged out that but...I think I'm ok now. Whatever he wants to do to cop out of giving us a present. Like I told Dave, even if they spent like $30 and bought us something for the house, at least it's actually showing he spent the time/effort to pick something out!....What a cop out bastard.
Anyways...yeah, before I get mad....I get to take in the pictures for the wedding today. I'm so excited. I haven't had the money to get them developed yet. I can't wait to see them.
Stacey