View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 12:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Phoenixthebird
Rising from the Ashes

Thank you all for your responses! Unfortunately, when my 19 year old starts gaming he starts cursing and swearing when things aren't going right for him on the game. I don't like that language by whoever decides to use it. I normally can get his mouth under control by telling him that I'm not appreciating it. However, I can't tell my DDH anything! I'm just wondering how can I expect my 19 year old to control his tongue when I am powerless over his father. Meditation, you wrote "He is an adult, he's probably heard worse at school." Well, it's HIS tongue that I don't appreciate! Thumper, you suggested "If things get to bad ask your son's to take you on a drive to look at the lights, or maybe look up to see which restaurants are open and you can plan to go out for desert so you have some breathing room." I don't remember how many drives I have had my son take me on. Freedom1990, you wrote "Why would Christmas Day be any different for this man in regards to his behaviors and attitudes?" I'm NOT looking forward to Christmas because I don't expect it to be any different! My sons are hoping to have a nice day, but I've given up on expecting anything pleasant from him!

Meditation, I've thought of getting a thick foam mattress from Wal-Mart for the sofa.

My DDH is out trying to get pain killers for his neck.?! I finally called our primary care provider this morning to see if he could get an appointment ASAP for his pain killers. When he gets one type of pain killers, they help him fall asleep! I got an appointment for tomorrow morning.