View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 05:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Phoenixthebird
Rising from the Ashes

Need to keep my mouth SHUT-HELP

I'm in a position right now with my DDH that I need advice on how to stay calm and collected, and keep my mouth shut when my DDH starts spurting out everything that pops into his head. He's always been "Chicken Little" with the sky falling down attitude. He went to his psychriatrist appointment last Thursday, and according to him, he is supposed to start expressing all his anger instead of holding it. So now when he talks, it's with a fowl mouth, F*ck this, F*ck that, and anything in-between. How can I correct my two sons when their father is talking like that? Right now my sons are just trying to stay out of his way. My major problem is we still share our king size bed and he's in it most of the time. I can only spend, at most, a couple nights on our sofa downstairs because it's not comfortable to sleep on. My DDH likes to talk......and talk.....and talk, repeating the same things over and over again. He gets upset when someone interrepts him, but no body knows when he is done talking. According to him, the whole world is against him. He doesn't trust me any longer, so if I say anything to him, he's ready to snap on me. My sons want me here for Christmas, since I was in the intensive care unit on last Christmas. Otherwise I wouldn't be here any longer. He likes to control me, and tell me what I should be doing. I'm convinced he hasn't accepted my disabilities that I have suffered as a result of my stroke. He just recently asked me if I had ever suffered pain. I, have no idea why, answered him by saying no, I never had suffered pain. I should have answered only if he considered child birth, living my whole life with scoliosis, not being able to walk, and basically having to climb up and down the stairs to move between floors. Then he wants to talk about our daughter's death. To sum it up my life right now SUCKS!

I'm a born optimistic. I like to look at life as a journey where I can decide my own attitude, instead of having circumstances direct my attitude. Sometimes I think my optimism isn't realistic when I feel like I'm stuck in quicksand and am slowly sinking.

I would appreciate any advice or ideas on how I can stay calm and collected, and how to keep my mouth shut at least until Christmas is over.

Thank You!
Phoenix