View Single Post
Old 07-24-2004, 11:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Hereandnow

Originally Posted by DangerousDan
How we're all alike in some ways will never cease to amaze me. I was in residential treatment in January this year. Came home and strung together 77 days before allowing myself two martinis. I stopped at two. Miracle.
Just passed four months clean recently.
Tell your girlfriend she was right!
Nine days now. Again, awesome.
I'm working on today for myself.
I hope you'll do the same for yourself.
Thirty years of active addiction for me as well.
I'm done
Hey Dan,

Had to respond again for two reasons.

One ... yes, stopping at two is a miracle. That is a huge part of my problem, going back to have a beer or two and never being able to stop.Obviously I can';t stop ... I am an addict. Acceptance of that fact has been difficult but today I can accept it. Just to take time to admit it and accept each and every day.

Two ... Girlfriend ... I hate admitting she is right. LOL It is funny because we had a fight last night and that was one of the topics how we both hate admitting when the other is right. I am right more often of course. LOL OK, she will kill me now that I said that.

I also noticed the line under your name ... Maybe I'm Amazed!!! I made a cd for my girlfriend awhile back and it was all songs that made me think of her and songs that described my feelings. It is an internet relationship and we live 500 miles apart so I wanted my words to be heard everyday, even if it was through Paul McCartney. LOL And that song of course was on there and at the time she told me she didn't really like it. But whenever I hear it, I think of her. So now I thought of her again when seeing your name and that line under it. Ironic I guess, being she is the one that sent me the link here months ago. As you might notice ... my join date is Oct 2003 I think. But this is my first post. LOL I joined I guess to shut her up and never gave it a chance here. But that last line won't anger her being in a way I am admitting she was right and she won't let me forget it. LOL