Notices

Just saying Hello

Old 07-24-2004, 12:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just saying Hello

Hi All,

Just saying hello. I have 8 days clean from cocaine and alcohol and coming here in hopes to find some help in staying clean a lot longer.
Old 07-24-2004, 01:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((((((Hereandnow)))))))
I've only been around here for a short time but think you've made it to a good place to springboard into recovery. From my perspective, this is a wonderful supplement to my face to face participation in Alcoholics Anonymous. I made it back late from my Home Group tonight and then finished a few return phone calls just in time to read your post here. Heading to bed as I have a busy day tomorrow.

Welcome Aboard! Look forward to reading your posts and possibly meeting you live-time in chat real soon.

(((((((((Hereandnow :35: )))))))))) glad you found US.
ThreeLegs
Old 07-24-2004, 05:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

hi here and now !

Welcome to SR and congrads on your eight days ! That is awesome !! I was addicted to the drug you shared about ( I was addicted to everything ) its pretty nasty stuff . I have been clean alittle over 8 months now and life is so much better . I support your desire to stop using and am pullin for you ! keep posting .. prayers ^
Old 07-24-2004, 05:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dan

Welcome
Eight days...
Awesome.
Post away so we get to know you.
Old 07-24-2004, 05:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Hi Mate

Nice one .!! Well done on the change. Excellent.

much love

JC
Old 07-24-2004, 06:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am new too!

I am not a cocaine addict, but I am in love with someone addicted to crack, I found alot of strength through reading these threads,and I hope you will too !
I can only tell you that I hope you can keep it up, for your own sake as well as those whom love you. I do know people whom have stoped, One woman whom was addicted to crack on a daily basis, left her crack husband , got a job went to rehab and has been clean, and HAPPY for over a year, yes she says its a struggle, but she is determined not to go back, I wish you luck, and I am sure many of these posts will help you, when you feel like doing it , use your power to get on the internet and come here till it passes, when I get so sad I don't feel like I can make it through the day, ( because I miss my man) I come here and read, and I feel like others know my pain.
Old 07-24-2004, 06:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Welcome to SR!! Congrat's on your sober days. Life can truely be amazing when we are sober. Better then I could have imagined!!
Keep coming back! We're here for ya!

Missy
Old 07-24-2004, 06:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Welcome!!!

Like 3leg, I find this site to be a great supplement to my f2f meetings and recovery group. Eight days is so great. I am a recovering alkie/pothead, but I also have some experience with coke. It is not easy to get sober, but it is simple: simply don't pick up!!! (Actually, of course, there is more to it than that, but none of the other stuff will work if I continue to use.) Life is so much better clean. I wish you the best of luck and keep posting!! There are a lot of good people here and lots of great support.

Old 07-24-2004, 09:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

WOW ... A bunch of replies in less than 12 hours. I was almost hoping to go by unoticed. I noticed a thread here last night in the Argueholism section titled something like ... Having to get the Last Word. And some of the posts there joked about having to be right and so on. Well my girlfriend told me about this site and told me how great everyone was and now with all the replies to my thread .... I am going to have to admit that SHE WAS RIGHT!!! Man, that pisses me off. LOL And she will definately get that LAST WORD.

Anyway ... thanks for the big Welcome and I will post more as DanderousDan mentioned to get to know me. This is another attempt at staying clean as I have gone through this for years. Been drinking for like 30 years and using cocaine and crack off and on for about 12 years. But the last two years has been really bad. I used heavily about 8-10 years ago but pretty much stopped for years and than started it again and they are certainly right when they say the disease is a progressive. My usage this time of the cocaine has been the worst by far.

Put myself in rehab last October/November and than inpatient rehab in February. I got 105 days clean and fell back into it again and have struggled since. And that is where I am today ... still sturggling but actually feeling great today. Like I said ... now actually 9 days clean and just trying to keep it simple as others have mentioned.

Thanks again for the support.
Old 07-24-2004, 09:28 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Dan

Originally Posted by Hereandnow
I got 105 days clean and fell back into it again and have struggled since. And that is where I am today ... still sturggling but actually feeling great today. Like I said ... now actually 9 days clean and just trying to keep it simple as others have mentioned
How we're all alike in some ways will never cease to amaze me. I was in residential treatment in January this year. Came home and strung together 77 days before allowing myself two martinis. I stopped at two. Miracle.
Just passed four months clean recently.
Tell your girlfriend she was right!
Nine days now. Again, awesome.
I'm working on today for myself.
I hope you'll do the same for yourself.
Thirty years of active addiction for me as well.
I'm done
Old 07-24-2004, 11:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DangerousDan
How we're all alike in some ways will never cease to amaze me. I was in residential treatment in January this year. Came home and strung together 77 days before allowing myself two martinis. I stopped at two. Miracle.
Just passed four months clean recently.
Tell your girlfriend she was right!
Nine days now. Again, awesome.
I'm working on today for myself.
I hope you'll do the same for yourself.
Thirty years of active addiction for me as well.
I'm done
Hey Dan,

Had to respond again for two reasons.

One ... yes, stopping at two is a miracle. That is a huge part of my problem, going back to have a beer or two and never being able to stop.Obviously I can';t stop ... I am an addict. Acceptance of that fact has been difficult but today I can accept it. Just to take time to admit it and accept each and every day.

Two ... Girlfriend ... I hate admitting she is right. LOL It is funny because we had a fight last night and that was one of the topics how we both hate admitting when the other is right. I am right more often of course. LOL OK, she will kill me now that I said that.

I also noticed the line under your name ... Maybe I'm Amazed!!! I made a cd for my girlfriend awhile back and it was all songs that made me think of her and songs that described my feelings. It is an internet relationship and we live 500 miles apart so I wanted my words to be heard everyday, even if it was through Paul McCartney. LOL And that song of course was on there and at the time she told me she didn't really like it. But whenever I hear it, I think of her. So now I thought of her again when seeing your name and that line under it. Ironic I guess, being she is the one that sent me the link here months ago. As you might notice ... my join date is Oct 2003 I think. But this is my first post. LOL I joined I guess to shut her up and never gave it a chance here. But that last line won't anger her being in a way I am admitting she was right and she won't let me forget it. LOL
Old 07-26-2004, 10:44 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Chy

Belated welcome!

Glad you are here ..posting finally! *hugs*
Old 07-26-2004, 10:59 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Paused

Hereandnow

Welcome to sobor recovery. I'm glad your girlfriend was right. LOL!!!

Talia
Old 07-26-2004, 11:18 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hereandnow, Welcome!!! Your in the right place! Today, I am free from active addiction which included many, many different drugs, but my girlfriend/friend/my everything was your drug of choice. Keep Coming back!! I am approaching a year clean and I couldn't do it without getting into Narcotics Anonymous. Give it a shot, if your interested in trying a new way of life.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:25 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Moontime
Hereandnow, Welcome!!! Your in the right place! Today, I am free from active addiction which included many, many different drugs, but my girlfriend/friend/my everything was your drug of choice. Keep Coming back!! I am approaching a year clean and I couldn't do it without getting into Narcotics Anonymous. Give it a shot, if your interested in trying a new way of life.
I am going to meetings daily and doing a few other things. Have to find a new sponsor as me and my last sponsor were a disaster together. Have somebody in mind and hoping to see him this week at a meeting we both generally attend weekly.

Albert R.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:43 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hereandnow
Welcome! I"m Rowan, alcoholic and I'm glad you're here. Congrats on the 9 days clean and sober. It gets better. Keep coming back we need you here.
Rowan
Old 07-26-2004, 11:52 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Congrats HereandNow!! I just came back from an NA convention, it was awesome. I'm spiritually peakin' right now. It feels better than any drugs ever felt. We have over 3,000 years of clean time at that convention. Besides, AA I don't know any other fellowship/program can do what we do. Keep an open mind at these meetings. As a newcomer it was easy for me to seprate myself out and always focus on the differences. Those who focus on these differences will use. PERIOD. Seperating ourselves out for a moment, turns into a minute, to an hour than to days, then too years, and we either die, go to jail or institutions if we don't make it back. I'm only saying this because I couldn't keep an open-mind it kept me from recoverying for a long time. In that time, I destroyed every relationship that I was in. I lost everything. We believe in you! You will get/live it/learn it if you want it. Keep coming back!
Old 07-26-2004, 11:52 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi Hereandnow...so happy you found sober recovery, and CONGRATS on your sober days and chosing sobriety over insanity FANTASTIC.

Best gang around here, let them guide you, so that means LISTEN, let is sink in, I say that cause I'm one of the slower one's here, 30 years of drinking also.

Wishing you all the best in your recovery.

Love and hugs.....Denise
Old 07-26-2004, 01:08 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

Way belated Welcome to SR!

I'm Ann, alcoholic and addict.

How many days do you have now, Hereandnow?

: ing you on!
Old 07-26-2004, 07:46 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thank you All for more welcomes!!!

I am a bit slow too Denise. I guess that is why I have been drinking and drugging for 30 years considering I was introduced to recovery programs 17 years ago and still didn't sink in.

I am at day 11 now MootPoint!!!