View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 03:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
naive

dear floss, there is a miracle cure to alcoholism and that is god's Grace. when the alcoholic finally cries out "dear god, what have i done! what am i doing! to myself, to You, to those that love me, with my precious life." when in their repentence, they look outside of themselves to how they can help others, then the miracle occurs and the obsession removed.

other than that, i think it is possible to abstain from alcohol but not really be fully healed, emotionally, physically and spirtually.

i relate very much to seeking a cure for someone else and have their response be apathy, disinterest and boredom. it's disheartening when there is a solution but they simply are not interested at this time. i know that disconnect and hopelessness that i used to feel, because it all seemed so unnecessary.

however, in recovery, i have learned to step aside and let people live their own lives, without having to live it how i think they should live it. people are in different stages of spiritual evolution and i accept that.

for myself, i find peace in sharing my experiences to help those who want assistance, like the people gathered here. with those who don't want help, oftentimes, silence is the best choice and to physically remove myself from witnessing their downward spiral, with compassion and acceptance, for both the addict and also, myself.

if you wish to be of service, there are people who are requesting help. i don't think that being a codependent in recovery means to never help anyone anymore. for me, it means to help those who ask for my assistance rather than beating a dead horse.

naive