View Single Post
Old 07-24-2004, 09:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Hereandnow

WOW ... A bunch of replies in less than 12 hours. I was almost hoping to go by unoticed. I noticed a thread here last night in the Argueholism section titled something like ... Having to get the Last Word. And some of the posts there joked about having to be right and so on. Well my girlfriend told me about this site and told me how great everyone was and now with all the replies to my thread .... I am going to have to admit that SHE WAS RIGHT!!! Man, that pisses me off. LOL And she will definately get that LAST WORD.

Anyway ... thanks for the big Welcome and I will post more as DanderousDan mentioned to get to know me. This is another attempt at staying clean as I have gone through this for years. Been drinking for like 30 years and using cocaine and crack off and on for about 12 years. But the last two years has been really bad. I used heavily about 8-10 years ago but pretty much stopped for years and than started it again and they are certainly right when they say the disease is a progressive. My usage this time of the cocaine has been the worst by far.

Put myself in rehab last October/November and than inpatient rehab in February. I got 105 days clean and fell back into it again and have struggled since. And that is where I am today ... still sturggling but actually feeling great today. Like I said ... now actually 9 days clean and just trying to keep it simple as others have mentioned.

Thanks again for the support.