View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 09:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Cyranoak

Sturtel, you are doing great and there's only one more thing for you to start...

...if you really want to learn to be happy, and also learn to handle situations like the one you are now in. The best part is that it has nothing to do with him and everything to do with you. I've been doing it for seven years and, like suggested by others, it is Al-Anon.

If possible, try six meetings, some different, before deciding if it is for you. You can find one here: Find a meeting in Maryland

Take care,

Cyranoak

P.s. May I suggest trying a pro/con list that does not list normal things as pros? For example, my wife doesn't find it particularly heroic that I do some housework, nor do I. She considers that normal human behavior, and wouldn't put it on a pro list. Her pro list might have things like: I am able to fix things around the house and on the cars (and do so), I'm fairly certain she thinks I have a good sense of humor, we love food in the same way, we love music, we travel together really well, we love plays, and museums, etc., but it definitely would not have cleaning the kitchen, taking out the trash, or going to work each day because those are things you just do as a person.

Originally Posted by sturtel View Post
This time of the year is soooooo hard. What I keep telling myself is I shouldn't be upset at all. I'm going to have as good if not better a Christmas than I had last year. He is going to have a significantly different Christmas than he had the past three years with me. His son especially is going to feel it.

I'm sad about that.