View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 04:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Toronto68

I think it's a good thing to treat it as a sign from the Higher Power, and to let that experience cement into you in a way that goes, "You see??"

It's possible that you will have that feeling that the pink cloud has been burst again, but the kinds of things you are pointing out here are things we emphasize for ourselves. It's common sense you would not want to feel the panic, shame or whatever by being hung over and possibly smelling like booze, but it would not have been interpreted as common sense by you while you were in drinking mode. It would have been covered up and avoided by more drinking. Even when I am just walking down the street, I think to myself about the number of times I walked by someone's house feeling a shame because they must have been able to see I was an addict just because of my face (and I would have been just coming out of my drunkenness from the previous night too)...and how those days are gone now. That's a form of freedom, and it would be gone after the first drink.