Notices

Cool things this week...

Old 12-14-2010, 12:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool things this week...

I am so happy to be sober and feel like sobriety has helped me so much this week. For example, on Monday mornings my company always has a meeting with all of the sales reps (that's me). We sit in a room and discuss our weeks performance. Typically - hold on - every time I've been to one of these meetings I've been hungover (if not drunk). Normally I'll sit in the back, try not to act hungover, pray I don't stink like booze - which I'm sure I did at times, and just try and go unoticed.

Well, this particular meeting I noticed when I came in that the tables have been moved a lot closer together. Basically we sit in a square and the person to my left and right are no more than a foot away from me. Just as the meeting started, the owner of the company comes in - which HE NEVER DOES. Where does he choose to sit??? Yup, right next to me. If this would have been drunk Reggie, I would have had a freaking panick attack. Not Monday!!!!!! I sat there, head up, talked to him about sports and what not, and just went about my meeting. I take this as a sign from my HP.

Also, today I had an issue that weighed heavily on me all day yesterday and today. I was going to bring it up as topic for my morning meeting, but said to myself to just sit back and see what god has in store for me. It was MY EXACT TOPIC. It was about freeing yourself from negative influences. It's as if my HP is guiding me just like I'm asking him too... Pretty crazy.

I love being in recovery and I love what not drinking allows in my life. I am so grateful. Thank you to everyone for your support either direct or indirect. I can't wait to get the 30 days. But before that one day at a time right???
Old 12-14-2010, 01:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you Reggiewayne, this is exactly the post I needed to read today

Well done you, that is such a motivating post.

Thank you

M
Old 12-14-2010, 04:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
April 18, 2010

Great news, Reggie! Thanks for sharing!
Old 12-14-2010, 04:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think it's a good thing to treat it as a sign from the Higher Power, and to let that experience cement into you in a way that goes, "You see??"

It's possible that you will have that feeling that the pink cloud has been burst again, but the kinds of things you are pointing out here are things we emphasize for ourselves. It's common sense you would not want to feel the panic, shame or whatever by being hung over and possibly smelling like booze, but it would not have been interpreted as common sense by you while you were in drinking mode. It would have been covered up and avoided by more drinking. Even when I am just walking down the street, I think to myself about the number of times I walked by someone's house feeling a shame because they must have been able to see I was an addict just because of my face (and I would have been just coming out of my drunkenness from the previous night too)...and how those days are gone now. That's a form of freedom, and it would be gone after the first drink.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Reggie. It is a new freedom in alot of ways isn't it? LGFG! Lookin Good...Feelin Good!! That is the whole thing too..while in the drinking mode it was the usual drunk as a skunk day..hungover..starting to feel better..skunk day again. I used to tell myself I didn't drink EVERY day..(towards the last couple of years I did) so on the days I didn't drink it was what I thought "sober" days. Never in my life did I know what sobriety was! My sober days were day 1-still drunk from the night before and day 2-hangover. But yeah..real sobriety improves EVERY aspect in life. Sounds like a good day for you! Hope you have many more!! Nice post.