Thread: So today
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 09:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
MissTara
Yankee

April,

I understand how you feel. I went through so many breakups during my 8 years with my exab. A week here, a month there. I watched a lot of sappy love stories in my day to cry and feel sorry for myself when he was not around. Since we are always pre-occupied with all the sadness and drama that fill our lives when they are with us, why not take this time to try to figure out what you like to do, what makes you happy? Just like in the notebook when Noah asks Allie "what do you do for YOU?" She liked to paint. There must be something that you like to do, but maybe never gave yourself a chance to do? I go see movies by myself, I read my Twilight Saga books, socialize on the computer...simple things but fulfilling for me. Life goes on after we detatch. You talked about going back to the past and going into the future....Here is something I read everyday, I have it posted at my desk at work...Stay stong Sister!

Todays reminder:

This day is mine. It is unique. Nobody in the world has one exactly like it. It holds the sum of all my past expierence and all my future potential. It belongs to me to do with whatever I like. I can fill it with joyous moments or ruin it with fruitless worry. If painful recollenctions of the past come into my mind, or frightening thoughts of the future, I will put them away. They will not ruin today for me.