Thread: Hitting Bottom?
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 12:28 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
BornAgain2Day

Hi there,

I am a 2006 graduate of Fraser High School with a 3 point plus GPA(during high school), with every day smoking weed and drinking. I have been doing drugs/drinking since I was 16. I was smoking pot and drinking everyday by my senior year. I was first caught with a posession of marijuana and paraphernalia in March of 2008 by the Warren Police(I was also drunk). I got lucky, I didn't get a DUI then. They told me to drive home. I was handed probation on August 13, 2008 for the weed. Not even two weeks later, after coming back from up north Labor day weekend and driving drunk to kill the time, I was caught in Detroit at Chene and Gratiot, with 4 misdemeanors. Those were open intox, soliciting a postitute, no insurance, and no registation. In reality, I had both documents but I was too drunk to find them in my truck. The prostitution thing was also blown out of proprotion. A women had walked by and said hello and the cops saw that and thought we were making a deal for sex. Mind you this was at 4:30 am. Again, they told me to drive home. Luckly, the cops didn't show up at trial and they dropped all the charges. Anyways, fast forward to December 4th, 2008. I had a random drug screening for my probation and I dropped dirty for marijuana. This was when I started drinking heavily because I couldn't smoke weed any more. Again, fast forward to April 16th, 2009 and I was pullied over for a drunk driving with three of Warren's finest on my bumper(leaving a bowling alley and I was still underage);9 days Short of my 21st. I blew a .24 and didn't even drink that much for me anyways(Just a fifith and a 40oz of Bud Light. I even met my half-brother in jail( he's 40 years old and this was the first time I had met him). He has spent most 20 plus years in and out of jail/prison(for drinking/carjacking/domestic assualt. When I was arrested, I knew I had a drinking problem. I was still on probation and when the trial came in September, the judge sentenced me to 30 days and they were the longest's days in my life!!! Trust me if you can stay sober, it will be worth it. There is no doubt you will have to work at it but for me I have been lucky. If sentenced accordinly, I would be doing around 48 months for my crimes.I only served 30 days. But the only question do you really want to get sober? I only ask because this is a day to day commentment. You may also have slip ups as well but that can't discourage you. I have over 20 slip ups since I have been out of jail in 2009 but am still working on my soberity. Currently. I have 4 days in. Granted if you are only dealing with alcohol it may be a little easier for you but I guess it depends on where your at.

Dave